Senior Project Manager
I joined NDM in July 2021 as Senior Project Manager working across 2 areas:
DeLIVER in Ellie Barnes group
QResearch with Julia Hippisley-Cox, Primary Health Care https://www.qresearch.org/
I have a long background in project management and research roles in several types of health research.
During the last 8 years I developed and coordinated the work of the IDEAL Collaboration to progress research methodologies for innovation in surgery and medical devices. https://www.ideal-collaboration.net/
I was Research Fellow at the EQUATOR Network for 4 years. I worked with all stakeholders in the health research and publication process to improve the quality of evidence by promoting the use of reporting guidelines. https://www.equator-network.org/
Before this my career has included:
- Senior Project Manager of the Kadoorie Biobank Study, a blood-based prospective cohort study of 500,000 adults in China, a collaboration between the University of Oxford and the Chinese National Centre for Disease Control. https://www.ckbiobank.org/site/
- Project Manager/Researcher of the HOPEFUL Study: a multi-centre retrospective cohort study comparing the efficacy, safety and cost-effectiveness of hysterectomy and uterine artery embolisation (UAE) for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids.
- Research & Development Fellow, NICE. I developed the national clinical guideline on Osteoporosis.
- Macmillan Research Fellow, Cochrane Cancer Network. I carried out a Cochrane systematic review “Benzodiazepines for insomnia in palliative care”.
- Research Assistant, University of Oxford. I coordinated a research project looking at the influence of the media, specifically the TV hospital drama ‘Casualty’ on attendance rates for paracetamol overdose at A&E Departments across the UK.
- Research Assistant, Department of Medicine, Pacific Medical Center, Seattle, USA. I carried out a project examining the bone density of female athletes.
I gained my first degree in Human Sciences, Wadham College, University of Oxford and an MSc in Exercise and Health Sciences from the University of Bristol. I have a Diploma in Teaching in Higher Education and am a registered Level 3 UK Athletics Coach.